• Purchase a ceiling fan balancing kit for clips and weights.
• Turn off other fans or air conditioners in the room.
• Blades must be securely fastened and should not bounce up and down.
• This app cannot be used on fans with housings that rotate.
• Set fan direction to blow air down.
Draw a black dot on wide masking tape about one third the width of the tape. The dot should be around 5/8in,15mm in diameter. Secure the dot near the center of the fan.
Alternatively, tape a small coin to the bottom of the light fixture with the light on. Use a permanent marker to darken the face of the coin.
Pick any blade to start. Label blades '1', '2', '3', etc. in a clockwise direction using masking tape.
Only place tape on the metal arms. Do not put tape directly on the blade. This may damage the blade.
Simply point the camera at the dot to check the wobble strength in realtime.
When instructed, place a clip at the end of each blade and record the wobble of each blade. The best position to place weights will be determined.
When instructed, place a clip at the end of each blade. Run fan at the highest speed.
Hold camera around 2ft/60cm from fan. The fan should be centered on screen. The dot should be anywhere within the white rectangle. Hold camera steady for a few seconds. App will indicate when finished.
A red crosshair will show dot position. If this is not shown, draw a larger or smaller dot, or make the dot darker.
Red indicators will show no blade movement. Move camera away until indicators are gone.
Record data for all blades.
Once the best position for the clips is found, place clips as indicated and run fan. If wobble is still present, check the fan and screws again. Repeat if necessary.
Once the wobble is gone, remove the clips and properly secure permanent weights in their place. You're done!
• Tighten all screws! Loose blades will give inaccurate results.
• Use a permanent marker to prevent the dot from reflecting light.
• If the fan light is too bright, try a different light source or use the camera light instead.
• Allow fan to come to full speed before recording.
*Ceiling fans that wobble inconsistently or vibrate cannot be balanced regardless of method used. The fan may need to be repaired or replaced.